First hot stretch of the summer for the south coast.
The south coast will experience a stretch of warmer than average temperatures beginning tomorrow. On Friday, inland temperatures will reach into the upper 20’s. Through the weekend and into early next week, temperatures in the low 30’s are forecast. There will be some respite from the elevated daytime temperatures as overnight lows fall into the mid-teens.
With elevated temperatures, the risk of heat related illnesses increase.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
Timespan: Friday through Tuesday.
Locations: Lower Mainland and Sea to Sky.
Hazards: Daytime highs rising into the low 30’s with overnight lows down to the mid-teens.