VICTORIA – As of Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021, 82.1% (3,805,781) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 70.6% (3,274,116) received their second dose.
In addition, 83.0% (3,588,693) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 72.5% (3,134,210) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 395 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 153,313 cases in the province.
There are 3,284 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 148,215 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 71 individuals are in hospital and 23 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 100 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 619
* 61 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 430
* 187 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,893
* 15 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 111
* 31 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 218
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 13
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,777.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There are seven active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor, Kin Village West Court (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health) and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,087,736 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.