VICTORIA – As of Friday, Aug. 6, 2021, 81.8% (3,790,394) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 68.9% (3,195,128) received their second dose.
In addition, 82.7% (3,575,597) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 71.0% (3,071,655) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 464 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 151,839 cases in the province.
There are 2,411 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 147,627 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 52 individuals are in hospital and 24 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 72 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 486
* 60 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 324
* 275 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,356
* 29 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 88
* 27 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 145
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 12
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,772.
There are six active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health) and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,993,104 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.