Chandigarh: Darshan Singh, father of Aam Aadmi Party MLA Labh Singh Ugoke from Bhadaur constituency in Punjab, has passed away. He was undergoing treatment at DMC Ludhiana for the last five days. There was talk that Darshan Singh had swallowed sulphas, due to which his condition deteriorated, while MLA Ugoke had said that his father had a heart problem.

Other family members also denied reports of swallowing the poisonous substance. He said that Darshan Singh had consumed the wrong medicine, due to which his health deteriorated.

Aam Aadmi Party workers have started visiting DMC Hospital.

Labh Singh used to run a mobile shop

Labh Singh Ugoke used to run a mobile repair shop in the village before the elections. MLA Ugoke had defeated former chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi by over 37,558,000 votes. When Darshan Singh reportedly swallowed sulphas, MLA Ugoke was protesting with party MLAs in Chandigarh. They were informed over the phone.

What Baldev Kaur had to say

Darshan Singh’s wife Baldev Kaur said there was no such thing as swallowing a poisonous object. In fact, her husband has a sugar problem. This morning, when he had consumed drugs substance accidentally due to which his health deteriorated and he was admitted to DMC Hospital in Ludhiana. There was no quarrel in the house.

Leave a Reply