B.C. is reporting 1,308 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 new epi-linked cases, for a total of 229,643 cases in the province. This is the highest number of cases reported in BC in a single day since the start of the Pandemic. The previous record for daily cases was 1,293, which was reported on April 8th of this year.
There are 6,348 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 220,741 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 192 individuals are in hospital and 76 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 419 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,024
* 525 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 2,326
* 138 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 695
* 23 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 186
* 202 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 1,116
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: one
In the last 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,403.
There have been 756 cases of the Omicron variant of concern identified in B.C.:
* Fraser Health: 129
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 413
* Interior Health: eight
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: 204