New Delhi: In a bizarre case of snakebite, a 8-year-old child was bitten by a poisonous snake in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh but the child bit the snake twice, leading to death of the snake on the spot.

The child was taken to the nearby hospital for treatment where he was administered “anti-snake venom” and kept under observation. He is now fine and has been released from the hospital.

Deepak Ram was playing at fields when a snake bit him in his hand. After the snake bite, the child Deepak got angry and grabbed it and bit it with his teeth, killing the snake on the spot, local media reported.

Significantly, there is also a superstition in Jashpur district that if a person gets bitten by a snake, then he should also bite the snake. This will not affect the toxin. This incident has now become a topic of discussion, some people are calling it the courage of the child, while some are saying that the big danger is averted.

Leave a Reply