The Fire Danger Rating for the City of Delta is now at EXTREME.
Continued hot and dry weather has resulted in tinder-dry conditions throughout Delta and surrounding areas that are extremely sensitive to sparks and fire.
All residents and parks visitors are urged to use caution when enjoying Delta’s outdoor spaces and to be aware of any and all possible fire ignition sources. We are seeking the public’s help in keeping our parks and community safe from the risk of fire with the following reminders:
- All fires should be immediately reported to 9-1-1.
- All residential backyard fires, campfires and open cooking fires (except approved briquette and propane BBQs) are prohibited in Delta.
Due to the extremely hot and dry conditions, effective immediately, in all parks, trails and natural lands in the City of Delta:
- No smoking or vaping
- No propane barbecues, grills or cooking devices
- No charcoal or wood burning barbeques
- No open fires or flames
- No candles or tiki torches
- No chafing fuels
Please report any unauthorized activity that poses a risk of fire to the Delta Police Department’s 24/7 non-emergency line at 604-946-4411.
For more information on this news release, contact the Office of the Fire Chief & Administration Offices of Delta Fire & Emergency Services at 604-946-8541.