Indore: The death toll in Indore temple stepwell collapse has increased to 35 on Friday. The search operation is going on intensively.
The Commissioner of Indore Division has told that after the NDRF, the Army has also taken the lead. At night, 21 corpses were taken out from the stepwell. The incident took place at around 11:30 pm on Thursday, the day of Ram Navami, which shook the whole country.
An FIR has been registered against Sevaram Galani, president and former councilor of Shri Baleshwar Mahadev Jhulelal Temple Trust, and secretaries Shrikant Patel and Kumar Sabnani under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Indore Police Commissioner Makarand Deuskar said that a judicial inquiry has been ordered in this case, so no one has been arrested yet.
A team of 140 people of NDRF is engaged in the rescue operation, in which 15 soldiers of NDRF, 50 soldiers of SDRF and 75 soldiers of army are carrying out rescue operations.
A team of Army personnel from Mhow Army Headquarters in Indore district also reached the spot at night. After the army reached the spot, the speed of the removal of corpses increased in which 21 bodies were removed after the operation all night.
By Thursday evening, 18 people had been rescued. Of these, two were discharged after treatment, the rest are being treated in hospitals. According to the information, 2 people are still missing.