Surrey RCMP’s Community Response Unit’s investigation leads to the seizure of drugs, cash, and a loaded handgun from a residence in the Whalley area.
On June 3, 2022, the Surrey RCMP Community Response Unit executed a search warrant on a residence located in the 13700-block Grosvenor Road. The residence was identified by officers who were conducting proactive enforcement in the North Surrey area.
The search warrant led to the discovery and seizure of the following:
- A loaded prohibited semi-automatic rifle;
- Over $12,000 cash
- 43.42 grams of suspected Cocaine;
- 176.86 grams of suspected Fentanyl;
- 203.03 grams of suspected Methamphetamine;
- 220 grams of suspected psilocybin mushrooms;
- 38.45 grams of hydromorphone pills;
- 4.38 grams of mixed pills; and
- 3,800 packs of illegal cigarettes.
Actions of officers resulted in weapons, drugs, and contraband being removed from our streets, and a suspect facing multiple criminal charges in the future, says Surrey RCMP Community Response Unit, Staff Sergeant Nigel Pronger.
This is an example of the team working within our North Surrey neighborhoods to improve safety for everyone in our community.